Thank you for your interest in working at Newland St John’s CE Academy.
We currently have the following vacancy:
Teaching Assistant L2 - SEN
1 fixed term post available – January to July 2019
Salary: Grade 4, scp 15-18
Hours: 28.33hrs/wk, Term-time only
Location: Newland St John’s CE Academy, Beresford Avenue, Hull, HU6 7LS
Required for January 2019
Newland St John’s Church of England Academy is seeking to appoint a hardworking and reliable individual to support pupils with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will work as part of a dynamic team to support pupils in making excellent progress and ensuring teaching staff are best equipped to meet the needs of our children.
Are you passionate about creating the best possible learning community for children and their families? Our successful candidate will work to ensure high quality educational support and personalised learning for all pupils.
“Pupils grow and flourish in the caring ethos that underpins all that the school does.” Ofsted, January 2018
- Be outstanding in their classroom support, committed to their own professional development and that of others;
- Have excellent interpersonal, written and numeracy skills (GCSE Grade C or above);
- Be supportive of our Christian ethos and church school status;
- Inspire and work effectively with pupils, parents, staff, governors, volunteers and members of the wider community;
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and a supportive team player;
- Be passionate about education and learning;
- Have high expectations of all children and staff and be committed to raising standards;
The successful candidate will join a team that holds the following values in high regard:
- Every child will feel safe, secure, cared for and loved;
- Every child will make outstanding progress; and
- Every member of staff will become an outstanding practitioner.
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work at an ambitious and ‘Good’ graded school by Ofsted (January 18);
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic children;
- Excellent CPD opportunities;
- A friendly, professional, supportive and hardworking staff team;
- Strong leadership and governance
- A Silver award winning Food for Life school, part of an international EPESS project with Erasmus+
If you would like to be a part of our lovely school, then please come and meet us.
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed.
Closing date is: 9.00am, Monday 17 December 2018
Interview date is: Wednesday 19 December 2018
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
Newland St John’s Church of England Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check, the cost of which will be met by the Academy.
Sentamu Learning Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.