St John’s Pre-School Nursery
Information about the Nursery
St John’s Pre-School Nursery is a community nursery which opened in September 2007 at Newland St. John’s C.E. Academy, a thriving church school with strong links to the local community and parish church.
The nursery works to deliver excellent pre-school education in line with national requirements and the school’s Christian aims and ethos for the benefit of local parents and children. At the last Ofsted inspections, the main school was rated Good and the nursery was rated Outstanding.
The nursery has a strong reputation in the local community for its excellent care and has been regularly over-subscribed since its opening.
The Nursery is run by a Board of Trustees and employs six members of staff, all of whom hold a relevant childcare qualification. Our Manager holds Qualified Teacher Status and Early Years Teacher Status.
Nursery is open for 5 days a week from 8.50am – 3:30pm with a packed lunch. Alternatively, our morning sessions run from 8:50am – 11:50am and afternoon sessions 12:30pm – 3:30pm.
Places are offered to children from the age of 3 to 5 using 15/30 hours free funding or paid sessions.
We offer a maximum of 24 nursery places in the morning and 12 in the afternoon. We have OFSTED registration and we are a Charitable Trust.
- Enhance the development and education of children under statutory school age according to the Christian principles and ethos of the main school in order to establish excellent foundations for learning and life;
- Provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment for every child who attends the Nursery whatever their race, culture, religion, means or ability;
- Work in partnership with parents to enhance their child’s learning experience in the Nursery and at home.
- Ensure use of funding for the benefit of the children.
Board of Trustees
- Mrs Sheila Waller (Chair)
- Miss Heather Payne (Secretary)
- Mrs Kerry Gregg (Treasurer)
- Mrs Heather Tinker (Admissions Secretary)
- Mr David Eaves (Nursery Manager)
- Mrs Rosemary Scotter (Nursery Deputy Manager)
- Mrs Terri Neal (Nursery Assistant)
- Mrs Rebecca Holmes (Nursery Assistant)
For further details, please contact:
Sheila Waller – 01482 472046
“With God’s help we will work together to help each child fulfil their potential.”
“Parents and carers value the strong sense of community you encourage within the school’s
very diverse cultural and social mix where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.”
“Pupils’ behaviour is often exemplary.”
“The school embodies its Christian vision through the way it welcomes and supports pupils of all backgrounds and abilities, thus helping them to flourish.”
“My child never wants to miss school.”
“My child has been made very welcome.”